This warranty does not cover:
• the Shimano Product if it has been modified or repaired by a person other than an authorized Shimano dealer;
• the Shimano Product if Shimano's mark or serial number has been defaced or removed from the Products;
• damage resulting from causes other than defects in materials and workmanship, including but not limited to accident, abuse, misuse, neglect, improper assembly, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification or other abnormal, excessive or improper use;
• damage occurring during shipment of the Shimano Product;
• products that are not manufactured by or for Shimano (whether or not packaged or sold with the Shimano Product at the time of purchase); and
• damage resulting from use of products which are defective or incompatible with the Shimano Product;
• damage resulting from normal wear and tear, including but not limited to damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the Shimano Product.
This warranty expressly provides for the repair or replacement of a defective Shimano Product and is the sole remedy of the warranty. Any and all other remedies and damage that may otherwise be applicable are excluded, including but not limited to, incidental and consequential damages.